Waiting

As a little girl, my mom often said, "Patience is a virtue". I kept thinking, "yeah, whatever that means". I suppose now that I am older it holds more truth as I, ironically, still struggle to be patient for God's beautiful plan and promise. The following blogs are my thoughts and trials about life's journey and the emotions of being patient in waiting for the sun to rise...

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Dancing and Celebration

I hope 2011 is my year of jubilee.  New house, marriage, new job, and  the beginning of a bright life with Mr. Siegl.  It took about 3 hours of live home search for Chris and I to look at one another and agree that 6591 Salem Drive was the one.  This being said, I did not mention that my real estate agent announced she had seen I had logged into her website 368 times in the last 6 months or so....  (so, I like to look at houses).

I didn't know it was THE ONE, but the price kept dropping bit by bit.  An agent had bought the home as an investment and then redid it.  He put it on the market but the market just did not pull people to the house.  I watched it since November thinking it seemed to be a great buy.  An Estridge home is a good builder, but I never thought I would find one we could afford.  I just kept my eyes peeled and we drove around neighborhoods.  In about November, we had a few locations we wanted to live.  When I sealed my new job, I knew just where to look.  We balanced budgets, looked at savings, and then talked to the agent.

It went so fast, and  it's not quite ours yet.  There's an inspection and everything sort of rides on that.  The house was built in 1992, so behind that pretty fresh coat of paint could be any slew of issues.  I will pray that that's not the case.  But after this week, well, I think everything I have ever prayed for and asked God for in my life is coming to pass.

It's January 1, 2011, and in the last 16 days my world has flipped upside down (and spun round and round).  I was trying to figure out when I would get out of frustration and disappointment, but now I feel like it's a day of jubilee.  A "dee-dah day" where you dance and celebrate.  I am now reading, "The Life You Always Wanted" by John Ortberg.  After realizing I was still wonderful from reading "I Am Not Wonder Woman, but God Made Me Wonderful", I decided I need to keep growing closer to God and finding a way to keep staying close to His path for my life.  Ortberg discusses one of our spiritual disciplines should be "celebration".  His daughter used to dance around the living room spontaneously singing "de-dah-de-dah".  He discussed how as Christ followers we have to celebrate the joys and blessing God gives us each day and often time we are only concerned with the negatives.  It's not that I forget that often, but for awhile I don't think I have really been allowing myself to fully celebrate.  When I graduated everyone was so excited, but I was like... "ok what's next?"  I wouldn't call myself an Eeyore, but I guess I was always so worried about crossing the next bridge, I don't just normally stop to celebrate.

2011: My year of dancing, celebration, de-dah-ing, and being thankful for the blessings.  I am SO SO SO SO SO SO blessed.  I have my dream life (with a few interesting twists along the way).  Every day should be a dee-dah day as far as I am concerned.  Maybe just for a season, but in this season, I think I should celebrate.  Good health, love, support, friendship, hope, grace, faith, and so much more.  God said to me in church today....   
"If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you." (John 15:7)..  
My response is best said by Paul Baloche in the song lyrics:

You have been so good to me
You have been so good to me
I came here broken, you made me whole
You have been so good
You have been so good
You have been so good to me

You have been so good to me
You have been so good to me
I came here morning,
You gave me joy
You have been so good
You have been so good
You have been so good to me

How can I thank you
There is just no way
How can I thank you
No way how could I to pay
For your kindness
For your tenderness
For your custom presence here with me

You have been so good to me
You have been so good to me
I came here broken, you made me whole
You have been so good
You have been so good
You have been so good to me

Lord How can I thank you
There is just no way
How can I thank you
No way how could I to pay
For your kindness
For your tenderness
For your custom presence here with me

You have been so good to me
You have been so good to me
I came here broken, you made me whole
You have been so good
You have been so good
You have been so good to me

No comments:

Post a Comment