Waiting

As a little girl, my mom often said, "Patience is a virtue". I kept thinking, "yeah, whatever that means". I suppose now that I am older it holds more truth as I, ironically, still struggle to be patient for God's beautiful plan and promise. The following blogs are my thoughts and trials about life's journey and the emotions of being patient in waiting for the sun to rise...

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Cold Turkey

Day 2:
No Refined sugar or flours...  I ate almost all organic with no processed foods again today.  I have not had any soda.  I have remained positive and hopeful that this process is the best choice for our family.  Chris and I both have 25 pounds to lose and while his will probably fall off quicker than mine, we need to change our eating habits so that by the time KK can eat solid foods, she isn't seeing her parents model our previously terrible eating habits.  Tonight, out of sheer lack of experience, I cooked ground beef, veggies, and a potato combo that ended up looking like dog food by the time I finished.  Chris gave me the death stare.   My response:  "There is always Kashi or 100% Bran flakes if you don't like it".  My one exception in this journey is a few condiments but only in 2 tablespoon serving maximums.  I chose ketchup.  To my delight, my montage of produce, lean GB and yellow potatoes wasn't too terrible.  I actually liked it.  So did Chris!

I also started walking again.  With the weather improving, I can commit to taking the dog and baby on an afternoon stroll in the heat of the day.  I also want to put together a list of exercises like lunges, lateral arm raises and old exercises I used to do in grad school to lose weight since I don't have the money for a gym.  I decided on rainy days, I can use nap time to do a workout video.

This vessel is really out of shape.  I feel it in doing the most basic tasks like vacuuming, taking out trash, and now lugging a 10 pound bag of potatoes around (aka Kaylie).  But I don't yet feel the withdrawls.

A few of my friends have been quite successful eating clean.  I envy all the work they have done, weight they lost, and the commitment.  I had no idea how many carbs I was eating.  It was a lot...  I would say some days I maybe ate 90% carbs... and simple carbs like bread, cheerio's, and pasta.  It is a huge shift to replace that with 50% veggies.  I have actually been surprised at how good raw foods taste including the mass quantities of veggies I am cooking with these days.

So no shakes, no withdrawal, and no crazy relapse yet, but it's been 48 hours...   Just happy I haven't died from my cold turkey elimination of the BEST FOOD EVER...  (I still miss you bread)!

No comments:

Post a Comment