Waiting

As a little girl, my mom often said, "Patience is a virtue". I kept thinking, "yeah, whatever that means". I suppose now that I am older it holds more truth as I, ironically, still struggle to be patient for God's beautiful plan and promise. The following blogs are my thoughts and trials about life's journey and the emotions of being patient in waiting for the sun to rise...

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Inches Away

My birthday is in 11 days.  My goal was to reach pre-baby weight by then.  According to my last weigh-in I am still 14 pounds away from my goal.  The other goal was to be able to button my pants... my pre-baby pants.  Last night was the first night I tried them on since February.  In February, I could barely pull them past my knees, and my legs were so swollen from the C-section and last few weeks of pregnancy that I wasn't sure I'd ever wear them again.  Last night in the heat of trying to find something that fit, I got brave and tried on a pair of capris that used to be my "fat pants".  You know those pants you wear when you feel bloated and gross with a flowy top during that week of the month where nothing feels right?  Well, I inhaled and pull up... all the way up to my waist.  Victory number one...
 

Then, I inhaled again.  Pulling the top of the pants together towards the clasp.  Brace yourself Kerrie...  (wah wah wah wah)  Only about an inch away the material no longer gave way.  My hands stopped... leaving a hint of my belly button and stretch marks left out for the world to see.  INCHES AWAY!!!  Excitement for progress, but disappointment for the need to keep pushing.  40 pounds is a lot of weight lost, but I still want to meet my goal.

So... after an inspirational mother daughter chat from the mom whose lost oodles on Weight Watchers, I've decided to detox a little.  For the next 48 hours, no carbs.  I'll enjoy a weekend of festivities with my usual points but then next Monday-Friday leading up to my birthday.. no carbs again.  Come Sunday, I want to bring a pair of pants with me to my Chicago trip and I want to wake up and fit into those pants.  An inch or two in 11 days?  I think it can be done...

I am also adding a regime of ab/core exercises to tighten up my "muffin top".  Some old soccer exercises, the old AB ball and some weights.  Maybe a Jillian workout.. anything to get me there.  I really want to meet this goal and it's crunch time... literally and figuratively...

HERE'S TO GETTING MY PANTS BACK ON!


No comments:

Post a Comment