Waiting

As a little girl, my mom often said, "Patience is a virtue". I kept thinking, "yeah, whatever that means". I suppose now that I am older it holds more truth as I, ironically, still struggle to be patient for God's beautiful plan and promise. The following blogs are my thoughts and trials about life's journey and the emotions of being patient in waiting for the sun to rise...

Thursday, March 14, 2013

I am doing ok

As I sit in my over-sized PJ's watching Kaylie sleep on the couch next to me, I've been trying to figure out if I have been doing ok, trying to figure out if I got this mom business down yet.  There are times she cries and I try the list of things and I am not sure if I got it.  My house is still quite messy and I haven't put on make up in two days.  Yesterday, I didn't even brush my teeth until Chris got home.  After another night of three hours of sleep, an hour feed, and then three hours of sleep/wake intervals, I am tired, but feeling ok.  The new normal... and I am getting better at it.  I feel more confident most days.  I cooked dinner yesterday and I haven't cried in two weeks.  She's making milestones, eating better, and we have a routine (as much as a 6 week old baby can have a routine).  We are planning things on the calendar from baby dedications, dad's knee surgery, and visits to family in Michigan and Chicago.  I have my inventory of diapers, wipes, and formula.  But like my usual self, I needed an extra pat on the back of assurance.  I know it's just a dumb commercial, but my eyes welled up... It was what I needed, so I thought I would share it with my mommy friends:


1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! Just being concerned you aren't doing enough means you are a great mom...better than most!

    ReplyDelete